THURSDAY, APRIL 11, 2019
WOONSOCKET CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
COUNCIL PRESIDENT DANIEL M. GENDRON PRESIDING
7:00 P.M. – SECOND FLOOR CONFERENCE ROOM
169 MAIN STREET, WOONSOCKET, RHODE ISLAND 02895
- ROLL CALL
2. Discussion / status update on the Middle School Project with the Planning Department and the Tai Group.
- Discussion of authority granted to the Library Board of Trustees and Board of Canvassers under RI general laws and how that authority affects staffing, compensation, budgetary, and other operational matters related to the operation and management of those city departments.
- Discussion of the authority over the spending decisions in funds, other than the General Fund, as described in the Woonsocket Home Rule Charter Chapter VII, Article 3, Section 9.
Establishment of Funds.
The general fund shall comprise the resources and liabilities of the city not specifically belonging to other funds. Capital funds and other special funds may be created by ordinance and the council shall specify the source of receipts and the purposes for which expenditures from special funds shall be made. All revenues of the city not required to be paid into other funds shall be paid into the general fund.
- Discussion of CDBG process and city council authority over spending plan.
- Discussion of draft legislation to specifically codify the sources and uses of certain special funds up to and including city council authority to approve and amend spending plans and purposes annually, or from time-to-time as funds become available;
- municipal clerk or by a municipal archives);
(d) Other funds classified as "Special Revenue Funds" in the city annual audited financial report.
For additional information or to request interpreter services, or other special services for the hearing impaired, please contact City Clerk Christina Harmon-Duarte three days prior to the meeting at (401) 762-6400, or by the Thursday prior to the meeting.
Posted on April 8, 2019